Eating Disorder Training
Pre-recorded training Learn at your own pace Earn 3 CEUs*
Upon successful completion, you will be able to call yourself a DBT-informed provider, use DBT individually and start/run a skills group.
Beginner level course is also great as a refresher for anyone!
This 3-hour, beginner level course provides a comprehensive overview of the background and basics of DBT. Presenter Asia Place, LPCC-S, CDCA, discusses Dr. Linehan’s development of DBT; the targeted populations, symptoms and behaviors, including a specific look at Borderline Personality Disorder; philosophies and goals of the therapy; identification and practice of dialectics; DBT Modules; incorporation of DBT into patient treatment plans; Diary Card and Behavioral Chain Analysis tools; conceptualization of individual sessions using DBT theoretical orientation; outline of set up and format of DBT skills groups; and specific DBT skills for each module and how to teach them to patients. She integrates examples, case studies and practice exercises throughout the narrated powerpoint to illustrate and reinforce the material.
About the Presenter
Asia Place, LPCC-S, has been using DBT with clients, in some capacity, for over 8 years. She:
- Explain the bio social model the therapy is based on and compare/ contrast under-regulation and over-regulation traits.
- Identify targeted populations, symptoms and behaviors where DBT can be used.
- Assess and diagnose Borderline Personality Disorder and explain how/why to use DBT with this diagnosis
- Apply the goals of this therapy in patient treatment plans.
- Use the resources (Diary Card Tool and Behavioral Chain Analysis Tool) and teach patients to use them.
- Conceptualize how individual sessions look from DBT theoretical orientation.
- Explain how to set up DBT skills group.
- Explain mindfulness, why it is the core foundation of DBT, and the benefits of it.
- Identify 7 mindfulness skills and how to teach to patients.
- Explain 3 states of mind and 3 techniques to get patient into Wise mind.
- Explain the main skills from each module and be able to teach them to patients.
- Access to the training video for personal use (not for public broadcast)
- 3 hours of training by a well-qualified presenter
- 6 Handouts
- PDF of slides
- 3 CEUs (see below) Approval from 4/1/23- 4/30/2024. You must complete the training and submit post test BEFORE 4/30/2024 to receive CEUs.
Links to download video, handouts and instructions for CEUs are EMAILED to you immediately in your order confirmation. Be sure to put the email you want them sent to on the checkout page.
Columbus Behavioral Health is approved by Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board to offer Continuing Education for this course. Approval MCST04234622 for 4/1/23-4/30/24. You must complete the training and submit post test BEFORE 4/30/24 to receive CEUs. 3 CEUs will be awarded to Ohio counselors, social workers and marriage and family therapists upon completion of course, including evaluation and post-test score of at least 80%. Certificate will be emailed after successful completion of the course and credits entered into CE Broker.
- The Ohio Nursing Board accepts CE credits issued by this board.
- Psychologists and out of state providers will receive a certificate of completion they can submit to their board for consideration of CE credits but approval is not guaranteed.
Presenter Asia Place, LPCC-S, does not have any any financial or other relationships the would cause bias or conflict of interest. She has not, and is not, receiving funding, product royalties, research grants or other support for presentation of this material or resources discussed within.
- Background of DBT
- Targeted populations
- Borderline personality disorder: assessment, conceptualization, and using DBT with it
- Goals of DBT
- Individual sessions with DBT, targets and treatment interfering behaviors
- Setting up and running DBT groups
- Diary cards and Behavioral chain analysis
- Mindfulness/3 states of mind and how to teach to patients
- Skills and how to teach to patients